Local Liberal Seeks Intellectual Safety

Ben Emory writes from the safety of a comment stream on Sierra Foothills Report.

Russ,
I don’t like myself around you guys so I have chosen not get involved in the childish games any longer. I do like to read the comments for the insights of your absolute selfish and irresponsible ideas. It helps me understand the way you guys think better. . . .

George mistakes quantity of comments as success and ignores the very low quality of comments negates any validity that his blog has any relevance other than for a about 5 or 6 radical right wingers.

I am also put off by some of the immature comments by grown men on George’s blog, Rebane’s Ruminations. However, for the most part there is a robust discussion of ideas, the real problem for Ben is that his ideas do not hold up under closer examination. He prefers to post on the moderated Sierra Foothills Report, where opposing ideas that challenges the liberalism of the blog’s moderator are just sent to the circular bit bucket. They never see the light of a display screen.

This is typical of liberals. They demand that their feelings have a higher merit than conservative ideas, thus should not be challenged. Comments on Rumination’s often run in the 100s and SFR rarely breaks 20. Yes, some of the RR comment are stupid, but that says a lot about the commenter, which is also useful in understanding the discussion. The name calling and immature comments start when the commenter’s intellectual quiver runs out of arrows. Lacking the ability to argue the point, people starts attacking the character of their opponents. This says a lot about those who use this technique, including young Ben.

This entry was posted in First Amendment, Human Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Local Liberal Seeks Intellectual Safety

1. Ben, the problem is what the so called progressive mentality has done to those who used to enjoy honestly earning a living locally…There may be some bitterness concerning the lies propagated to destroy our useful economy. In the beginning the super salesman villain appears to be a handsome knight in shining deeds…until the dastardly deed is done. http://www.mcguiresplace.net/Blind%20Man's%20Bluff

I cannot remember any sympathy for the losses suffered by those in the timber industry.

Then the villain pops up in a court room with a gavel in hand, pretending to uphold the law.

And on the highway where commerce is in full swing. http://www.mcguiresplace.net/Modern%20Day%20Highwaymen%201

Or maybe wearing another costume pretending he cares about those in business bringing in the tax revenue needed to run the county and cities.

As you can see those who have been treated abominably eventually become fed with what they once were told was beneficial for the common good. They know better, but the taste is bitter, and they’re older and wiser. I don’t encourage bad manners, but I think it’s worse to lie about people, and destroy their livelihoods on false premises….that it’s for the good of the community.

2. Ben Emery says:

Russ,
    This thread is a perfect example of why I try and not participate on right wing blogs any longer. I am not a strong enough person to keep myself from getting into the mud.

• Todd Juvinall says:

Ben Emery, you have never left the mud. We are trying to show you how to take a shower!

3. Interesting. The problem is that the biggest complainers don’t seem to see themselves. Then there is the perversion of the meaning of words. Today, those who call themselves liberals are the opposite. They are for bigger, more regulatory government and heavy taxation on producers and have the propaganda nerve to label those who don’t support their “totalitarian” mentality as being “hard right.” I say propaganda because anyone who has ever paid some attention to political science knows both hard right and hard left are the same mentality. They both endorse big total control government. There is no question about it. Freedom of speech is only for their viewpoint. That’s why Mr. Pelline doesn’t allow some people, like myself, write on his blog, even though I’ve always been polite. Then said I lied. Lol. But every chance he gets he slams our wonderful daughter as being “hard right” which she certainly isn’t. With today’s phony liberals, those good citizens who defend our constitution and bill of human rights are labelled “extremist hard right,” yet scream like hell if someone steps on their rights.

About 15 years ago there was a test to determine whether you were liberal, moderate, or conservative. The answer was logical. Those who believe in smaller government and therefore more freedom are liberal whereas those who want bigger government directing everything we think and do are the opposite. The mental warp boils down to …don’t believe what many people (especially politicians) say, but pay attention to what they do.

Many years ago we had a special friend from Germany. A fine musician who left that country just before WWI broke out. He said that anyone dumb enough to say anything bad about a communist disappeared. His well educated sister in law was late for a job interview and the building was closed when she got there. The caretaker told her that those who came there to apply disappeared. You might like to read more about our local “Mr. Music.” http://www.mcguiresplace.net/Franc%20and%20Louise%20Wanda%20Luschen

• Ben Emery says:

Bonnie,
      It is about respect begets respect. When people treat a person disrespectful than that begins the cycle of total disrespect. I have respectful conversations with people I disagree on politics all the time but I cannot remember a thread at Rebane’s where one of the fab five didn’t poked me in the eye with a stick to kick off the very disrespectful dialogue that followed. I am not innocent in all of it because a person can only by bullied for so long before they begin to adapt to the playground they are on and start fighting back. That is why I chose to remove myself from the playground, not for intellectual cover.

• Todd Juvinall says:

Ben Emery, just improve your game. You are too easy. Man up.

• fish says:

Bullied? Nigga….please!

I doubt there’s a single person out there that arrived at the internet a “miserable prick”….a description I voluntarily apply to my online persona! Try and argue reasonably with a KosKid and you will have hurled at you charges of racism, Nazism, homophobia, nativism, hater, selfish, misogynist…and so on! You have hurled more than a few of those yourself!

I especially enjoy the theme at jeffys shared by you and Steve that “just as soon as all those old dinosaurs shake off this mortal coil we can have the just and equal society that we truly deserve….and won’t that be special”. Conveniently overlooking the brush war Balkanism that’s already beginning where the inheritors of your multiracial future are beginning to brush up against each other. You progressives have screwed the black community good and hard…..it’ll be interesting to see how a dominant hispanic majority will deal with charges of racism when they start ethnically cleansing the older black enclaves.

Gonna be big fun over the next 25 to 30 years Ben…you should stop whining and hang out to chat about it with us!

• Ben Emery says:

Fish,
        What aren’t you getting? The reason I don’t like you guys on the blogs is for the way you behave towards those whom you disagree. This is the very reason I’m choosing not to participate in it, I am reduced to behaving on the same level. I don’t want to be something I don’t like. It is pretty simple. I converse with many more conservatives than those on blogs and have a good relationship with them despite disagreeing with them politically on many issues. Actually what we find is we have many of the same concerns but differ on the way to move forward. How come I can do it other places but not on right wing blogs that have the same 5 or 6 people over and over? I think the most thoughtful conservatives and liberals have all abandoned Rebane’s because of the negativity and the only thing left is the bottom of the barrel participants when it comes to political dialogue. The funny thing is his comment totals have skyrocketed as the thoughtful people left. Michael Anderson is very thoughtful as was Doug Keachie. I think Russ has basically left the blog for the most part and Mickey McD no longer comments. Its a pattern and I am the latest to say “No More”, Adios.

• fish says:

Sigh….. whatever Ben. If you prefer, from this point forward I will refrain from engaging you or discussing issue you raise on other blogs.

• Ben Emery says:

Fish,
        If your engagement was constructive then no problem. One sentence snide remarks are generally not constructive or informative of what we are supposed to be conversing about. That is why I have to go to psychoanalysis because getting a real response with actual information is almost impossible. Greg G, Billy T, and George actually give some content with their remarks/ insults and for the most part we actually go somewhere. My characterization of George and the fab five is not hyperbole it is what I really think you guys support by the positions you have taken to the issues I have raised. If it was one or a couple then I would probably not make those characterizations but it is almost every issue where the nod goes towards authority, might makes right, disregard of discrimination past and present, and so on. Government will be with us whether it is democratic or not, public or private. Even within corporations there are bureaucracies, regulations, and rules but the difference is I have a say in a democratic form of governance and have little to no say in a private one. When was the last time Blue Cross, Exxon, WalMart held a forum for its clients to have a say in its policies? Share holders yes, stake holders no! That is why labor unions are so important in the work place so that stake holders in the company actually have a voice.

from investopedia

Stakeholders
        -employees who, without the company, would not have jobs

-bondholders who would like a solid performance from the company and, therefore, a reduced risk of default

-customers who may rely on the company to provide a particular good or service

-suppliers who may rely on the company to provide a consistent revenue stream

• Todd Juvinall says:

fish, it is hard to debate someone like Ben Emery who cuts and pastes in lieu of his noggin. That shows me he has no mind of his own. Therefore, by using his strategy of others ideas he becomes what I think he truly is, a cartoon. His pal RL should be able to fraw him. But Ben Emery’s use of DailyKos talking points is really a sad thing. He is the result of the education system where it is better to be a parrot than a person with a brain and critical thinking. So, he gets teased and made fun of. He now uses the “fab five” as a denigrating term but I use it as a positive. Chris Webber and the rest of the “fab five” were a tremendous group of basketball players. All successful. So even in Ben Emery’s attempts to belittle he fails.

I would suggest he belongs to the “monotonous four” over on his like minded robot blog. SFR. Too funny.

So until I see some reral critical thinking and some real world solutions coming forth from Mr. Copucat, he is simply a sidebar amusement.

• fish says:

So are we done here or not Ben? You want to keep going….I’m here for you buddy. As I’ve said in the past I’m not here to convince you of anything but where you publicly post notions that are foolish and destructive I’m happy to offer rebuttal.

I’ll ask you again….are we done or not?

• Ben Emery says:

Yep, Todd to the rescue of ruining any possibility of getting a real discussion going. Todd you are an infectious disease that creates illness where ever you show up. I have repeated stated how I have respectful and engaging discussions with people I disagree with politically all the time. I have never once in the years of watching your disgusting online displays ever have a respectful conversation with someone you disagree. This includes your obscene comments as Always Right and the other monikers you used on The Union blog before they removed it because of the negativity. Have you ever noticed where ever you go it gets real negative real quick. When everybody else seems to be the problem that is the indicator the problem might be you.

• Ben Emery says:

Sure Fish, we’re done.

• Todd Juvinall says:

Ben Emery, you are truly a cartoon. How can anyone take you seriously when you start calling people a disease? No one listens to you (as shown by your election defeats) because you are a cut/paste lemming. If you want to be taken seriously start being respectful of others. You call Russ and George derogatory names and they are totally respectful of you. It appears you are the problem Ben Emery.

Who is Alwaysrtght? I have no idea what you are making up now. Please get back to the real world would you please Ben Emery?

• Ben Emery says:

Todd,
        You are a disease and anybody who follows your remarks on the blogs knows what I am talking about. You seem to like bringing up our campaign. With your lack of cognitive ability it still seems to allude you of the true meaning of our campaign. I won’t waste my time trying to explain it to you again but will let you know this 665 third party candidates in 2010 around the nation ran for public partisan offices. Our all volunteer campaign of a candidate with no government connections, no name recognition, very little money, and had never run for any office in their life finished 2nd out of 665 third party candidates for total votes and in the top 10 for fundraising. Only a complete jacka$$ would continuously refer to it as a failed campaign. I ran against a Republican and Democrat under a party line that had less than 1% of registered voters in the district but received over 7% of the vote. Family health issues have prevented me from running again since it is so time consuming. Hopefully I will be running again in 2016 against LaMalfa. Will he win, most likely since he will have about a 46% registration advantage over me but that doesn’t mean I don’t step up and speak truth to power. You are a tool of the powerful by your consistent defense of the status quo. Positively Republican this Republican that and Negatively Democrat this and Democrat that is all that spews out of your mouth. You are a baffoon playing the game the two party tyranny wants you to play perpetuating the very system you believe is socialism, what an idiot for being able to see it.

4. Ben Emery says:

Bob,
    I believe Todd made a Freudian Slip.

Freudian slip
    noun

: a mistake in speech that shows what the speaker is truly thinking

On second thought that would mean he understands what treasonable actually means, so maybe not.

• Todd Juvinall says:

No I am a crappy speller. The simplest explanation is usually right. You and RL can go kiss each other. Too funny!

• Ben Emery says:

Todd,
        What don’t you understand about Freudian Slips? It is the subconscious communicating through the conscious. Your bad spelling might be your subconscious telling everybody your true feelings.

• Todd Juvinall says:

You know nothing about Freud for goodness sakes man, you didn’t even study him in your last year of schooling. What was that 8th grade?. What a hoot!

5. RL Crabb says:

“Treasonable people like you Russ and George…” And you wonder why people think you’re an ignoramus, Todd.

6. Todd Juvinall says:

Name calling is as American as apple pie. Heck, I have been called just about everything by the libs and for some reason it doesn’t bother me. I have debated these people for thirty five tears and I always start out respectful. It doesn’t take long for them to begin their dastardly yakking personal attacks. Well, I decided a few years ago to give it back in spades because I concluded that is all they listen too and besides it is good, funny theater. The people of America expect us to “duke” it out and it appears our side is winning. The libs can’t take what they dish out. Usually it ends up they criticiz my spelling skills. LOL!

We have treasonable people like you Russ and George to do your best to explain the facts and hope the left see the truth. I am what I would describe as a “point man” for battle after the cautious comforting words are no longer working. I love it!

7. Ben Emery says:

Sorry Russ,
    You are just wrong. I tried for way longer than I should have at Rebanes to have honest discussions about the issues. I actually like Bill T and think Greg G. makes good points when he isn’t losing it going on personal vendettas against people. But par for the course on any real debate at Rebane’s is I would bring up an issue and then my character would become the topic not the merits of the issue. They were debating me not the issue. So showing my lack of strength, I succumb to the temptation to get into debating peoples incentives and intents rather than the issue. I don’t like people who do this, which means I didn’t like myself on Rebane’s, so I withdrew myself from the environment that tempted me to be a person I did not like.

Is that a good enough explanation for you. Honest debate and disagreement, no problem. Just look at John Stoos and myself went back and forth on Pelline’s blog. No name calling no personal attacks just debating the issue. I liked it when John Stoos was the representative of conservative ideas because he did it with class. Rebane and his faithful fab five do it every which way but classy.

Have a great Independence Day.

• fish says:

Comments on Rumination’s often run in the 100s and SFR rarely breaks 20. Yes, some of the RR comment are stupid, but that says a lot about the commenter, which is also useful in understanding the discussion. The name calling and immature comments start when the commenter’s intellectual quiver runs out of arrows. Lacking the ability to argue the point, people starts attacking the character of their opponents. This says a lot about those who use this technique, including young Ben.

Why would the comments threads need to run much deeper than twenty ? Three each from the four regulars (at least one of which is a florid and overly effusive show of gratitude to jeffy) and three or four from jeffys homegrown sock puppets. Boom…you’re at twenty…. done!

Again Lichtenberg:

“I ceased in the year 1764 to believe that one can convince one’s opponents with arguments printed in books. It is not to do that, therefore, that I have taken up my pen, but merely so as to annoy them, and to bestow strength and courage on those on our own side, and to make it known to the others that they have not convinced us.”

Georg Christoph Lichtenberg