A.P.P.L.E was Unsustainable (Edited)

Apple LogoThe Alliance for a Post-Petroleum Local Economy was created in 2005 to “provide information, resources, and education to encourage sustainable lifestyles for a resilient community.”

APPLE’s goal was “to make Nevada County safe, sustainable, and self-reliant.”

The Mission was to promote self-reliant local communities by raising public awareness of the benefits of a resilient and sustainable environmental, economic, and social system given resource constraints.

Where is APPLE today? They seem to disappear just about the time the Federal grant of $45,000 to create a worm farm disappeared.

Apple Gone

This is what happens when you are grant funded and have no product to sell. It is clear that selling sustainability and worms was not a good match. Not enough people in the community were buying the sustainability product, and for good reason. Our post-petroleum world is now awash in cheap oil, and the price keeps dropping.

Oil-production-graph

Reinette Senum was the driver behind using the $45,000 in Federal grant funds in her effort to prepare the community for a sustainable post petroleum life style. With the nation awash in oil, it was time for Ms. Senum to move on to the next hair brained project, to the next grant, to the next fund raiser to seek her own financial sustainability.

This entry was posted in California, Jobs and Economy, Local. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to A.P.P.L.E was Unsustainable (Edited)

1. Barry Pruett says:

That lawsuit is funded not because of a defamation or wrongdoing by a blogger. That lawsuit has to do with defending the indefensible…the hockey stick. Once again, Pelline has no idea what he is talking about.

• Russ Steele says:

He just posted this on his blog.

Libel lawsuit against blogger moves forward — bring the popcorn

Posted on December 16, 2014 by jeffpelline

Editor’s note: When I read the commentary that goes unmoderated on the local hard-right blogs (and some of the bloggers’ own commentary) I have no doubt a case like the Mann lawsuit — being closely watched nationally — will happen here. People don’t know boundaries, as I’ve written before. And you’ll want to bring the popcorn.

I will be posting on the Steyn Lawsuit, as I have been supporting Mark by buying his products, books and CDs. He’s is self funding his defense and counter suite, while Mann is being funded by a lefty foundation. Wait until Mann has to testify under oath, that will be the popcorn time.

• fish says:

Once a “gatekeeper” always a “gatekeeper”.

People don’t know boundaries, as I’ve written before.

No they do not! Like poring over delinquent tax rolls and public criminal records and breathlessly running back to your blog hinting at all the sordid details! jeffy you would be a psychologists dream case….the one around which he would write both a textbook and his memoirs!

• Todd Juvinall says:

Pelline sure is dumb about the lawsuit regarding Steyn. Even I, the lowly high school graduate of Nevada Ubiob (class of 68) know more than he. Steyn will win this and it will be quite a blow to the AGW hoaxsters out there.

2. gjrebane says:

Russ, I talked to Reinette about the worm farm a couple of years ago. She did distance herself from the project, but gave no hint of any wrongdoing. I have always found Reinette to be very straightforward and sincere in her ideas (many of which I take issue with) and the projects she undertakes; fraud is not a word I would connect with her. That said, there is no doubt that the grant money eventually was pissed away in the established manner of progressive programs.

• Russ Steele says:

I agree, fraud was not the right word, and I edited the post. Reinette is very sincere, but often misguided by her inability to grasp basic economics. The business plan for the worm farm demonstrated this lack of understanding.

As for the distancing herself from the Worm Farm. She was one of the primary APPLE sponsors and the Worm Farm was an APPLE project. This is clearly stated in the business plan.

3. gjrebane says:

Russ, I only see the word ‘fraudulent’ used here by Pelline who has again put it into quotes as if you had used that word. By the definition of fraud, it appears that the only person attempting to make a “deceitful pretense” here is FUE.

• Russ Steele says:

George,

I did edit the post to remove the word fraudulent. The money was misspent, but not sure it was intentional fraud, so I modified the post. My original post should have been more specific.

4. Todd Juvinall says:

Facts don’t matter to liberals Russ.

5. jeffpelline says:

No, I see “the circle of stupid” in action. Let it go Russ. You’re getting too old for this.

6. jeffpelline says:

“fraudulent”? I don’t know if you can afford to defend yourself against a defamation lawsuit, but what’s happening here: http://dailycaller.com/2014/11/24/mark-steyn-to-d-c-court-for-defamation-hearing-you-wont-want-to-miss-this/

• Russ Steele says:

Well I have all the documents that promised a worm farm upon which the grant was made, do you see a worm farm?

• fish says:

Darned decent of you to “raise awareness” regarding Mark Steyns lawsuit defense of that vile fraud Dr. Mann. A defense in which he is likely to prevail.

See jeffy you do flirt with being a decent soul occasionally…so do be generous and send that charming Mr. Steyn a donation!