In the past El Niño events the big rain and snow months came in Jan and Feb. We still have time to think about the possibility of some local flooding. The average winter rain fall is about 65 days. During El Niño events we have had 100 days of rain/snow events. If you have had flooding in the past, you will have more flooding in the future. Be prepared.
Bastiat Triangle Alliance
- Western Hudson Bay freeze-up earlier than average for 1980s for the third year in a row
- The ‘New Normal’ Is Not What You Think
- Does one ten-thousandth of the atmosphere control Earth’s thermostat?
- Cold October (and now November) in perspective
- Utah sees record cold of -43.6 ºF – ‘Perhaps the lowest October temperature ever recorded’ in the Continental U.S.