[Edited to fix bad links]
In the attached document is a series of rebuttals of the most common climate alarmists’ claims such as those made in the recently released Fourth National Climate Assessment Report.2 T
The authors of these rebuttals are all recognized experts in the relevant scientific fields. The rebuttals demonstrate the falsity of EPA’s claims merely by citing the most credible empirical data on the topic.
For each alarmist claim, a summary of the relevant rebuttal is provided along with a link to the full text of the rebuttal, which includes the names and the credentials of the authors of each rebuttal.
Link to Over View is HERE.
Claims rebutted include:
- Claim: Heat Waves are increasing at an alarming rate and heat kills.
- Claim: Global warming is causing more hurricanes and stronger hurricanes.
- Claim: Global warming is causing more and stronger tornadoes.
- Claim: Global warming is increasing the magnitude and frequency of droughts and floods.
- Claim: Global Warming has increased U.S. Wildfires.
- Claim: Global warming is causing snow to disappear.
- Claim: Global warming is resulting in rising sea levels as seen in both tide gauge and satellite technology.
- Claim: Arctic, Antarctic and Greenland ice loss is accelerating due to global warming.
- Claim: Rising atmospheric CO2 concentrations are causing ocean acidification, which is catastrophically harming marine life.
- Claim: Carbon pollution is a health hazard.
The well-documented invalidation of the “three lines of evidence” upon which EPA attributes global warming to human-caused CO2 emissions breaks the causal link between such emissions and global warming.
This in turn necessarily breaks the causal chain between CO2 emissions and the alleged knock-on effects of global warmings, such as loss of Arctic ice, increased sea level, and increased heat waves, floods, droughts, hurricanes, tornadoes, etc. These alleged downstream effects are constantly cited to whip up alarm and create demands for ever tighter CO2 regulation. EPA explicitly relied on predicted increases in such events to justify the Endangerment Finding. But as shown above, there is no evidence to support such claims and copious empirical evidence that refutes them.
H/T to ICECAP for publishing this research. Use these documents to refute the claims of global warmers co-workers, family, and friends. They can also be used at political town hall meeting to inform political leaders and policymakers. I am sending copies of the rebuttal to my federal and state representatives.